Today wraps up the week four theme, give. Savor the past seven days. Be still for several minutes, notice your breathing pattern and sensations in your body.
Slowly allow your thoughts to travel the current from this past week. Be curious, probe your insights. If you’ve been following daily posts, these prompts may be a spark.
Today I will savor in my heart …
- It is in giving that we receive. (Week four, day 26)
- I make time to listen to my deepest desires, which provide guidance and insight. (Discernment, day 27)
- Time in nature brings me a gift. (Generosity, day 28)
- My intentions guide my actions. (Intention, day 29)
- Sacrifice is a courageous act of love. (Sacrifice, day 30)
- Forgiveness offers movement, a shift. We give for a greater good that unbinds and untangles. (Forgive, day 31)
Is there a feeling, sensation, or thought from your week that is prominent? Observe what is.
Offer thanksgiving for your life, or a plea for what you desire, or pour out your cares and concerns. Trust in hidden support.
Today I will savor in my heart … my life is a gift.
I am here, God,
Come, take me
Bless me with your majestic grace
Break me of my ego and deadly capacity to sin
Give me as a gift to your broken and brilliant world
Show me how to willingly receive
Accompany me when I respond
And guide me to savor life.
Tip: Each daily reflection for this every day life retreat is a post in the “Home” tab above. If you want to see all posts, please select the category, “Savor Lent, Savor Life 2013″ from the list to your right.
If you would like to receive the daily posts in your email inbox, you can subscribe by clicking “Follow New Fields” blog, also to the right. Thanks, and do let me know what would be meaningful and helpful to you! Cheers!